People love to learn, grow and develop effective life skills, but have very little time to read.
The Scala Network presents “The Unconventional Book Club”.
There are many non-fiction books out there with a wealth of knowledge, support and potential to enhance lives, but remain un-read, their wisdom not acted upon.
Join us for a series of events with Andrea Seydel, avid reader, positive psychology practitioner, and certified life coach, for an unconventional approach to reading books as a community! Take a deep dive into the world of positive psychology coaching as Andrea teaches, highlights, and offers in-depth opportunity for application of the key concepts in each book.
How does The Unconventional Book Club work?
- Participants vote from a pre-selected list. Spend the month reading the book or simply join the online event and have the book taught to you through lecture, lively discussion and breakout groups.
- Attend an online meet-up held for 90 minutes during lunch or after work hours.
- Learn the concepts as Andrea summarizes and presents the book.
- Apply the content using actionable items to help you people benefit from the key concepts.
Why does The Unconventional Book Club Work?
- Brings a sense of accomplishment: According to Martin Seligmen’s model of well-being, achievement is one of the critical elements that enhance our subjective well-being.
- Time is a commodity: The Unconventional Book Club saves time and money while still providing immense learning opportunities.
- Fresh content and inspiration: New learning and fresh content with every book ecourages involvement, motivation, and engagement.
- High application & engagement: By using the coaching model and experiential approach, participants are engaged and experience measurable impact on productivity, well-being and happiness.
The Unconventional Book Club is a series of individual events and not a monthly book club.
Cost: $45.00 per event, your first one is free with promo code READING
Try out our unconventional format and experience these energetic and educational sessions for yourself.
Unconventional Book Club: November 12
The next book in our series is Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss.
A former international hostage negotiator for the FBI offers a new, field-tested approach to high-stakes negotiations—whether in the boardroom or at home.
After a stint policing the rough streets of Kansas City, Missouri, Chris Voss joined the FBI, where his career as a hostage negotiator brought him face-to-face with a range of criminals, including bank robbers and terrorists. Reaching the pinnacle of his profession, he became the FBI’s lead international kidnapping negotiator. Never Split the Difference takes you inside the world of high-stakes negotiations and into Voss’s head, revealing the skills that helped him and his colleagues succeed where it mattered most: saving lives. In this practical guide, he shares the nine effective principles—counterintuitive tactics and strategies—you too can use to become more persuasive in both your professional and personal life.
Life is a series of negotiations you should be prepared for: buying a car, negotiating a salary, buying a home, renegotiating rent, deliberating with your partner. Taking emotional intelligence and intuition to the next level, Never Split the Difference gives you the competitive edge in any discussion.
About Andrea Seydel:
Andrea works with youth, teens and young adults, teaching mental resiliency and applied positive psychology!! She also teaches the power of mindset and positive psychology around weight management and self esteem for women and girls! Through her coaching, programs and training she spreads the science of well-being! Andrea has a degree in psychology and post graduate studies in applied positive psychology. She is a certified Life Coach, Yoga Instructor and Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner.
Andrea turned her reading addiction and love of learning into an Unconventional Book Club Podcast, Live Life Happy, where she reads and highlights the books for you. She is also an author of numerous books and founder of LLH Publishing.
Andrea is a proud mom of two.
“I’ve always been addicted to books! When I was a kid, my mom had to put a limit on the number of books I was allowed to check out from the library. As I got older, my book collection and obsession grew. As an adult I was reading 3 to 5 books per week and taking in depth notes… and I thought … I can share this with people who LOVE TO LEARN but don’t have a lot of time to read… And the Live Life Happy Unconventional Book Club was born!”