Scala’s Network’s Take the Lead Series is a totally unique and intimate executive program designed to prepare emerging women leaders to advance to the next level in their careers. The program of three sessions combines in-depth roundtable discussion and custom workshop programming with the opportunity to meet and engage with some of Canada’s most successful women.
2020 Spring Program Dates:
Standing Strong in Your Leadership Strengths | April 20, 3 pm – 9 pm
Advancing Leadership | May 13, 9 am – 4 pm
Building Bonds & Activating Leadership | June 8, 3 pm – 7:30 pm
Take the Lead
Invest in women leaders
The reality remains that gender parity at the top does not yet exist in many industries. Yet countless studies indicate business are more profitable with gender-balanced leadership teams. At Scala Network, we believe that investing in the development of women leaders today will have a tremendous positive effect on our economy and future generations of women.
Take the Lead is a series of programs that we have developed for women who are ready to take the next step in their careers. In our Leadership Development program, you will gain awareness of your current attitudes and strengths and learn techniques and solutions that will help you to grow as a leader. Our leadership programs are interactive and collaborative, offering interactive learning and inspiration from experienced Coaches and Mentors. In this intimate and supportive environment, we will challenge assumptions, share leadership wisdom, and learn about individual leadership styles, strengths, and personal potential.
We hope that organizations such as yours will invest in their women leaders by nominating someone to attend the Leadership Development program.
Thank you in advance for your support!
The purpose of Scala’s networking and collaborative learning model is simple: Ignite discussion
Our guest mentors encourage participation and conversation by:
Providing Fuel for Thought
Leading Round Table Discussions
Sharing Insights, Perspectives & Questions
Scala Network’s mentors are the first to acknowledge setbacks and challenges in navigating their own roads to success. They share their own personal or professional anecdotes and experiences to provide real life perspective on session topics, engaging the group in conversation and creating a connectedness that deepens during the program. Over the course of the program, you will have the opportunity to meet with each of the mentors to exchange ideas, share challenges that keep you up at night, and learn techniques to solve problems and harness your opportunities to grow as a leader.
Session 1: Standing Strong in Your Leadership Strengths
Discover and find language for the unique strengths that are working for you today. Gain insight on what’s holding you back from giving your best more often.
- Are you clear on the specific leadership strengths that are driving your success today?
- Do you know how you uniquely captivate and motivate others?
- How do you influence and inspire?
- Are you aware of what gets in your way?
In this session participants will:
- Explore a framework that will help you lead brilliantly in today’s complex environment
- Generate insight on the strengths and limitations of 5 Critical Leadership Competencies
- Build self awareness of your unique strengths
- Gain wisdom from the stories and experiences of senior leaders
Participants will take away:
- A powerful framework that illustrates the different ways you can lead, allowing flexibility and agility to apply the right leadership style in each situation
- Greater grounding and confidence in your unique combination of leadership strengths
- New bonds and relationships to build on in future sessions
Session 2: Advancing Leadership: How the Skills of Emotional Intelligence Advance the Success of Everything You Do
Do you know what separates successfully performing leaders from average?
It’s widely known that Emotional Intelligence is a differentiating factor. But what is it? What does it look like? And how can you get it?
In this session participants will:
- Learn about the neuroscience of emotions and the science of emotional intelligence
- Understand why emotional intelligence is a critical skill set for success in any career or endeavor; especially in leadership roles
- Discover a powerfully simple model for learning emotional intelligence that will elevate your influence and effectiveness
- Learn how to calm yourself in conflict situations
- Build lasting connections and trust with your peers, team and managers
- Identify patterns and triggers that either drive or derail your performance
- Generate insights on your personal emotional intelligence strengths and gaps
- Complete a self-assessment & participate in a one-hour personal debrief
What participants will take away:
- An assessment of your EQ Leadership skills and strengths
- A simple model for learning EQ
- A personal plan for building EQ
- New relationships to support you on your journey
Emotional intelligence assessment and personal debrief included with workshop.
Session 3: Building Bonds & Activating Leadership
In this session, we’ll help you create a powerful vision for yourself as a leader, and set intentions for who you want to be, and what you want to accomplish. Our dinner and discussion will give you the perfect opportunity to commit to your goals by sharing your plan with others.
In this session participants will:
- Build a picture of the leader you strive to be
- Define the journey that will allow you to achieve that vision
- Develop your goals and the steps needed to accomplish them
- Co-create a plan with other leaders on how you can support each other in ongoing fulfillment and success
Rather than following a predefined curriculum, this dynamic session will be tailored to the needs of each of woman leader in the program. Participants will choose topics that they would like to explore further, individually and as a group, and our mentors will help guide the discussion to ensure that everyone gets the most out of the conversation.
Spring 2020 mentors to be announced soon!
Fall 2019 mentors
George Brown College
VP, Business & Commercial Development, Aeroplan
VP Leadership Talent, Development & Operations
Summer 2019 mentors
Vice-President, Consulting Services
Marketing Strategy Leader
United Way Greater Toronto
PI Fine Art/PI Creative
Head of Health
No Fixed Address Inc.
Winter 2019 mentors
President & CEO
VP, Marketing & Communications
The Minto Group
President & CEO,
The Verde Group
Become a Scala Network Partner
Are you looking to invest in your women leaders? Do you have products, tools and resources that could add value to our events and to our attendees? If so, we would love to have a conversation with you about becoming a Partner.
We collaborate with your team to devise customized activations that uniquely position your organization and engage our network. As a Partner of our Take the Lead Series, your investment covers the cost of registration for a women leader from your organization as well as sponsoring the registration cost for a woman in transition. Partners are profiled in our program promotions online and at the event, and have the opportunity to provide collateral materials to participants. We also offer Partners editorial opportunities to share thought leadership content with our entire network.
For more information on becoming a Partner with Scala Network and the Take the Lead Series, please contact Christina Greenberg.